Caplis-Sligo bridge in S. Bossier Parish now closed | Transportation
Bossier Parish engineers have shut down the Caplis-Sligo Bridge to all traffic effective immediately because of needed emergency repairs.
The bridge is expected to remain closed for at least a week.
Parish Engineer Butch Ford said uring an inspection of the bridge Tuesday morning, crews found that one of its pilings was either broken or washed out.
Parts of the area have been hit with large amounts of rainfall over the past few days.
Ford said an alternative route for drivers is Hwy. 71 to Sligo Rd., then turn onto Caplis-Sligo Rd.
Upcoming Events near Bossier Parish
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference