Bossier Sheriff offering Women's Self Defense class | Crime
The Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office is offering a Ladies' Self-Defense Class for women who live in Bossier Parish.
The class runs from 12:30 - 4 p.m. on Saturday, February 9 at the Viking Drive Substation, located at 2510 Viking Drive in Bossier City. There is no charge for the class but it is limited to 40 women. Daughters and younger sisters 13-years-old and older may sign up as long as they're with an adult.
Since the class is free, the sheriff's office is asking everyone to bring a canned or non-perishable food item for the department's food bank program, Bossier Parish: Operation Blessing.
“Teaching self-defense to ladies gives them some basic skills and confidence they need to protect themselves at home or in the community,” said Bossier Sheriff Julian Whittington. “It also helps heighten their situational awareness and encourages them to become more alert to their surroundings in order to avoid becoming victims of crime in the first place.”
Call the North Louisiana Criminal Justice Academy at 965-3525 to sign up.
Upcoming Events near Bossier Parish
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference