Young Marine to donate hair for cancer patients | Community Spirit
Bossier Sheriff’s Young Marine Lieutenant Corporal Rachel Elmore, 11, will have her hair cut Sunday to donate to Locks of Love.
Elmore will cut nearly 13 inches of her hair off at True Colors hair salon in Shreveport at 2 p.m. This is the second time she has donated her hair.
The donated hair will be used to help disadvantaged children suffering from long-term hair loss.
Rachel was the honor graduate for Young Marines class 21 back in May 2011. She has since been promoted in rank and become a junior instructor.
Copyright 2012 KSLA. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Bossier Parish
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day coming to Safety Town
- Caddo Sheriff’s Office to accept bids on two horses
- Caddo Sheriff's Office raising money for Salvation Army's Angel Tree
- Caddo Sheriff's Office hosting "Don't Let This Be You" program
- Registration underway for 'You Can Have What You Say" Conference